Core Functions of the Ministry
MINISPOC focuses on the following core functions:
• Ensure that sports and culture policies and strategies are disseminated and appropriately implemented to attain the intended results
• Elaborate the guidelines to orient different stakeholders in Sports and Culture
• Develop, disseminate and implement standards and norms applicable to the sub-sectors
• Ensure alignment and harmonization of the ministry’s programs with the Government strategies such as Vision2020, EDPRS etc
• Build the capacity and support the institutions that support the development of Sports and Culture
• Put in place infrastructural facilities that support the development and sustainability of sports, recreational and cultural programs
• Promote research and development of cultural and sport activities
• Strengthen, rationalize and coordinate actions within Government institutions, private sector, civil society, and other partners with an aim of uplifting and promoting sports and culture
• Set up and implement a monitoring and evaluation system that helps to measure the progress and impact in the Sports and Culture.
• Provide strategic guidance and orientations on specific programs to the institutions under the Ministry’s supervision to ensure alignment with Strategic vision of the country
• Supervise the functioning and management of affiliated institutions and agencies of the ministry for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Source and mobilize resources to implement policies, strategies and programs in the sports and culture